Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Overhyped, underhyped, whatever; 26 days!

Argh! It's nearly a month until Who Bob, What Pants? premieres, and I'm sitting here yanking my hair out in impatience! But I've noticed a pattern: whenever Nickelodeon hypes something A LOT, it turns out to be pretty lame. SB: Atlantis SquarePantis; FOP: The Big Superhero Wish; JN: --I think it was this one-- Win, Lose, Kaboom, and on and on. They might've had some good points, but they didn't live up to the hype.

But what about stuff that wasn't hyped as much? Sometimes they hype new episodes of things, but the ones with less hype were the ones that were best. Nine years ago, the day the second SpongeBob episode aired, do you remember commercials saying things like, "Tonight...one Sponge...rips his pants!!"
No? You don't? Exactly.

I've seen very few ads for Who Bob, What Pants? on Nick.com, I've never seen a commercial for it on TV, and I've not seen magazine advertisments. Do you hear any hype coming from anyone but the fans? 
No? You haven't? Exactly.

SpongeGeeks, keep your fingers crossed. And your toes, teeth, eyes, and shoelaces. That way, when October comes...we'll be ready!

No comments: