Sunday, September 14, 2008

New Kelp City

I read most of this on the Wikipedia, so I can't promise it's reliable.

On Who Bob, What Pants? bubble-blowing is outlawed in New Kelp City. That is, until our amnesiac hero uses his own bubble-blowing skills to drive out the oppressors who have made it so.

Wow. I cannot make that sound anything less than lame....

SpongeBob, confused and searching for his identity, is now considered a hero among the citizens, and is elected mayor for his bravery. He finds himself happy and fulfilled, until a group of "strangers" (Patrick, Sandy, Squidward and Krabs) comes to try to take him home to Bikini Bottom. SpongeBob has not only forgotten them entirely, but has grown attached to the city that declared him its leader.

Oh, the drama! Does he stay? Does he go home? And how could he ever mistake his love for an undersea weasel? And why did Squidward go along? While I'm at it, what is the meaning of life?!

Actually, I'm looking forward to this movie. I really, sincerely believe that Nick may do something right this time, but every pessimist I know tries to convince me otherwise. It's okay; I'll stay optimistic. Aaaaand... if it is bad, it's not the end of the series, right?

Right?

(Actually, it's not. They've confirmed a season 7)

No comments: