Thursday, September 18, 2008

SpongeBob's instrument of choice

No news, so I'm just back to posting random bits of SpongeBobness I've noticed.

Normally, things what instrument is played by a character who doesn't play often doesn't stay consistent. If it's not been said that the character particularly likes that instrument, then it's not really important enough for the writers to make note of again and again. That's why I think this is sort of cool: SpongeBob normally plays something with strings, and Patrick's normally a drummer.

SpongeBob actually plays a pretty wide variety of instruments. The ones I recall him playing most often are guitar and ukulele, but on the episode New Digs, he showed some talent for drums. Just a few occasions, off the top of my head:

Ripped PantsGuitar
F.U.N.Ukulele
Sponge Guard on DutyUkulele
The Camping EpisodeGuitar
The MovieGuitar? I can't remember.


Patrick normally plays the drums, one exception being the episode Krabby Road; he played his belly.

Band GeeksDrums
The Camping EpisodeDrums
The Best Day Ever CDDrums
Krabby RoadBelly

No comments: