Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Krabby Khronicle

*EXPECT SPOILERS* This was one of the few newest episodes I got to see this past week. I didn't mind it so much, but I saw everyone on the 'net screaming about how bad it was.

Basically, it went like this: Krabs saw how much money a newspaper was making, and decided to start his own, with Spongey as the reporter. SpongeBob wrote dull stories ("Man stares at pole"), so Krabs told him to change the story some: exaggerate, put a little imagination into it! SpongeBob did so, but realized the stories were hurting people and even ruining some's lives. Krabs threatened to take away his spatula and job if he didn't keep writing, so a depressed SpongeBob had to continue writing day and night for hours on end, unsuccessfully trying to convince Krabs to stop.


Some people said it was upsetting when SpongeBob was being unwillingly pushed so hard for days on end. I seriously had never seen him so depressed; he got tons of sympathy from me. But I thought that the "upsetting" parts added more depth to him and made it much more satisfying when he wrote his news story about Mr. Krabs.

I saw some people say that the part where he ignored all the good stories and wrote about Patrick to be irritating. I thought it was a funny display his usual cluelessness. Maybe that's just me...

I have one complaint, though: at the end, Krabs was counterfeiting and didn't get caught. It didn't really provide a joke, and it did nothing for the story. It was a little annoying...very annoying, actually.


I assume that after it was all said and done, Sandy got her awards back, Mrs. Puff got her students back, Larry got back into the gym, and Patrick and the missus were happy. If not, I have some more complaints... :P

No comments: