Thursday, August 21, 2008

Johannsen?

It seems to have faded from the canon that Squidward's middle name is Johannsen. I think it was stated ONCE, on Nick.com. I think it was on the back of one of the first-series SpongeBob E-Collectables, so I guess it's debatable whether it's canon or not.

Of course, on the Behind the Scenes features on the movie, Squid's voice actor introduces himself by saying he voices "Squidward J. Tentacles." Huh. If it is canon, I wonder why it's not been said. I guess it doesn't really have to be, though.

Sort of like how, on Camp Lazlo, the creator told me that Jane pulled Lumpus out of the asylum and they all lived happily ever after. Wasn't shown on the show, though, so it's canon status is debatable. VERY debatable.

I'm getting off topic here. Anyway, I like that middle name. Squidward Johannsen Tentacles. It just has a cool ring to it! There aren't too many good names that start with a Y, ya know. Actually, Johannsen (obviously) doesn't, but the J is pronounced like Y, so...kinda the same thing.

Squidward...Johannsen!!
         Dramatic, ain't it?

No comments: