Monday, September 29, 2008

No more minigames...please....

I keep getting the date for Who Bob, What Pants? wrong. It's only about two weeks 'til it airs, though. I think it's either sixteen or fifteen days.

I mentioned a while back that I was getting Drawn to Life: SpongeBob SquarePants Edition. I'm not expecting anything special, but I bought it because it has DoodleBob. Sure enough, the polygons are ugly, the dialogue is flat, and I caught a plothole in the opening scene. Long as I'm with DoodleBob, right?

It has a few features the original Drawn to Life didn't have that I like; for example, in the SpongeBob one, you can buy new furniture, redraw it, and rearrange the things in your house. The gameplay's pretty good, being built off the original Drawn to Life. The first couple of levels were genuinely fun, but I haven't played since my fifth attempt at the third one.

The third one is a touch-based minigame with unresponsive controls. Yeah, I've calibrated my Touch Screen and everything, but the controls are just plain loopy! The game is ignoring me, I swear. It's true that a good minigame is fun in between platformer levels, but honestly, have they never heard of beta testing?

I'm just griping. I'll get through it eventually. Maybe. It's stupidly long. But hey, I gotta have DoodleBob, right? Anything for him, right?

...Right...?

No comments: