Friday, September 4, 2009

The grave mistakes of a first time blogger...

You've probably already seen it. I started this blog excited and full of energy, but with little thought put into it. I spent my time posting every SpongeBob-related observation I could think of.

But this blog was dead before it was born. I'm sure you know how it happened: I said, "maybe I should start a blog!" And then I did.

The bad news
I never considered the dedication required, or the commitment I was making, to have a fresh new post up six days a week; I didn't take the time to brainstorm, to find what made my blog stand out; and I never even thought to write up posts ahead of time.

It got worse. My peers didn't hesitate to tell me that I was obsessed with this show. It was all I ever talked about. It got to the point that I was afraid I was substituting cartoons for real life. So I took a break from SpongeBob.

A long break. Something else I never considered.

In short, this blog was doomed. I never even got to put up half the media I promised, because my file host was spitting out my music files.

So yes, I did terribly.

The good news
Well, you've probably gathered that I've returned, hopefully a bit more intelligent. The blog didn't have a chance--- but Monday's always a fresh start! ;)

It'll take some doing, but I hope to get a blog that's worth reading up and running. And I plan to work harder on other content, too, namely the official art section. I've got a new flash decompiler, and I'm using it to get better, higher quality images. If I can, I'll even upload the vector versions!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Cozza said...

It took me ages to finally find a Spongebob fansite that offered high quality graphics~ thank you so much!

It would be cool to see some Man Ray stuff xD

Anonymous said...

Please help me find the book that contains "House of Squidward". I have been looking 2 years for my 5 year old son.

Dan