Sunday, October 19, 2008

Return of the Stuffed Animals!

I finally got around to seeing No Nose Knows. I always come in right when it's going off, so I decided to park myself in front of the TV until it came on, no matter what was on. I can now tell you that My Life as a Teenage Robot is...odd.

So, how did the episode measure up? I have mixed feelings. The ending was a little gross, but not like, for example, the "toenail incident" on House Fancy. If you haven't seen it, be glad. Ooh, my feet hurt. Back to the episode, anyway.

So, Patrick has no nose. On the episode Something Smells (my personal favorite), it was shown he couldn't even smell, right? The premise is simple: Patrick wants to be able to smell like other people, so he gets plastic surgery to get a nose. This quickly poses a problem for his friends, as he goes out eliminating any bad smells, and is a jerk about it, too.

Honestly, this is the first time in a while that I have laughed out loud over a SpongeBob episode. It was an interesting twist to see Patrick of all people as a clean freak, since he had the motivation. The climax, as mentioned before, was kind of gross, but not like Plankton's Regular or anything. Still, it wasn't "good" gross, like The Appetizer.

The voice acting was also subpar. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the acting has gotten worse after season 4. Squidward and Patrick just didn't sound convincing, though.

In short: the episode was, overall, nothing special by my usual standards. However, it really did have it's funny parts, and the gag at the very end was funny. Nobody ever said every episode would be perfect, so just watch it already. :D

SPOILER ALERT!
The title makes no sense to anyone who hasn't seen the episode, I guess. There was one scene in which Patrick smelled something foul coming from SpongeBob's house, and heard SpongeBob grunting. My first thought: "He's sweating." I crossed my fingers and hoped he'd be working at his "gym" from the episodes Help Wanted and MuscleBob BuffPants.
Cut to SpongeBob at said gym, struggling to lift his "weights". He finally does succeed, only to drop them on top of himself. To add insult to injury, Patrick comes and tosses them away effortlessly. That one, due to being both funny and nostalgic, made me laugh SO HARD.

By the way, I'm going to start posting more.

No comments: