Thursday, September 4, 2008

SpongeBob MUST sing this!

You all remember my post, My Bizarre Daydreams, right? Well, I have more on that. I've written a song and rewritten it again and again over the years. The final draft is almost done, and I'm gonna do it. I'm Ready!

...I wish. : I feel silly. I know that nobody knows who I am, so there's no need to be embarrassed, but still. The last thing Nickelodeon wants is some random hick kid sending them a letter shouting "OMG PLZ CAN SONGEBOB SING DIS?!"

Fortunately, I ain't some random hick kid, and I can spell. I'm awfully fond of the word ain't, but I decided that, to make a good impression, I should remove the ain'ts from my letter. The finished letter is pretty professional looking, in my opinion. After double-checking the letter to make sure it didn't reek of stupid kids and plagiarism, I chose a nice, readable serif font and printed it off and signed it in the best cursive I could do. At first I was wondering if that looked like a form letter, but I dug up a letter from Nintendo of America I had saved. They did the same thing, and the letter was clearly not a form letter.

I'm trying not to look like I'm trying to look overly professional, but I'm also trying not to look like an overeager SpongeBob fangirl who stole some song off the radio and replaced the singer's name with SpongeBob. Which I didn't. It's only slightly based on another songs, and those are two songs off of SpongeBob's CD, The Best Day Ever, based on them in style only.

I'm in over my head alright. My dream isn't even to contribute to a SpongeBob episode, it's just to hear him sing it whether it's on the show or not. Meaning I'd just be satisfied tracking down his voice actor and getting him to sing it for me. Boy, it'd be creepy watching a perfectly human-looking guy sing something I wrote in SpongeBob's voice.

I've given them the URL to a recording of the song, but I wonder if they'll even listen to it. Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained! :) Yeah, I'm gonna send the letter...soon...I guess... O_o

No comments: